Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole c
12 Slices Artisan Bread, chopped
12 Ounces Palmetto Cheese, Original
14 Ounces Broccoli, Fresh Or Frozen
1 lb. Mild Sausage Cooked
8 Eggs, Whole
3-1/2 Cups Cream
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
In a microwave-safe bowl, cook frozen broccoli for 10 minutes. Cool down with cold water and drain. Uncooked broccoli will add extra moisture to your casserole, so be sure to not skip this step.
- Next remove the crusts off of your white bread. Set aside.
- Now you’ll want to brown sausage until crumbly drain on paper towels
- In a mixing bowl, add your 8 eggs, cream and seasonings. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Now it’s time to put everything together.
- In a 9″x13″ pan, place half of the chopped bread.
- Top with sausage, broccoli and half of your Palmetto Cheese.
- Top that with other half of the bread.
- Spread the rest of the Palmetto Cheese on top of the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours to let the bread soak up the egg mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes foil tented at 375 degrees. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes until crust has browned and egg mixture has been thoroughly cooked in the center.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to make cutting easier.
- Cut into squares and serve.