Roasted Portobello With Basil Mayonnaise Sandwich (serves 6)
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 6 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 Jar of Roasted Red Pepper Slices (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 6 Kaiser Rolls, Split, Toasted
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 6 Leaves Lettuce
- 6 Tomato Slices
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees, and lightly oil a cooking sheet. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Arrange the portobello mushrooms gill-side up on a baking sheet. Brush the mushrooms with some of the vinegar mixture, and allow to marinate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the marinated mushrooms on the baking sheet, gill-side down. Roast mushrooms until tender, brushing both sides of the mushrooms with the remaining marinade, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and basil in a small bowl. Butter the toasted kaiser rolls, then spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the mushrooms, lettuce, and tomato slices evenly to make 6 sandwiches. Serve with sweet potato fries or chips.