Mushroom and Cheese Tart
- 6 Cups Chopped Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry 9×13
- 4 Teaspoons Fresh Basil Chopped
- 4 Cups Sliced Fresh Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 (10 Ounce) Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Drained
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 Cup Half-And-Half Cream
- 4 Cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (1 Cup Reserved)
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Vinegar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place a whole sheet of puff pastry in the bottom and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine rotisserie chicken and in a large skillet over medium heat, then add mushrooms and spinach. Cook until the mixture is hot and the juice from the spinach and mushrooms has evaporated, 10 to 15 more minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the butter, the cheeses, half and half cream, Monterrey Jack cheese, mustard powder, and rice vinegar and the chicken mixture until well combined;
Bake with a foil tent in the preheated oven until bubbling and the topping has browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes remove foil tent and sprinkle the reserved Jack cheese over the top and continue cooking until browned. Serve with garden salad and dessert.
VARIATION: For vegetarian tart eliminate the chicken. You may also substitute 2 pounds of popcorn shrimp for the chicken.
My Ya Ya’s Chess Pie
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
In a medium bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in the cornmeal, vinegar, and maple extract until well blended. Fold in pecans so they are evenly distributed. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 30 additional minutes, or until the top of the pie is golden brown, and the filling is set. When removing the pie from the oven, give it a gentle shake. If there is no movement, the pie is set. The pie will thicken and shrink slightly upon cooling.