Layered Cookie Bars
LAYER 1: SUGAR COOKIE
1 Roll Of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough; or roll of your favorite cookie dough
1. preheat Oven To 350 Degrees F. Press Sugar Cookie Dough Into Bottom Of A 9×13 Inch Baking Dish That’s Been Lined Foil And Sprayed With Cooking Spray.
LAYER 2: DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
(the Recipe Below Makes Double What You’ll Need For The Bars, Use the Remaining For a fourth layer if desired or for regular cookies later)
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cups Cocoa Powder (I Used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
2 Tsps. Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1. In A Large Bowl, Cream Together The Butter And Sugars Until Light And Fluffy. Slowly Add Eggs And Vanilla Until Well Combined.
2. In Another Bowl, Combine The Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda And Salt. Slowly Add To Wet Ingredients Then Stir In Chips. Layer 1/2 The Recipe Over Sugar Cookie Layer, Pressing Gently.
LAYER 3: PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Press over chocolate cookie dough.
1. Make sure oven is preheated to 350 degrees F. If you are using the remaining cookie dough to make a fourth layer…Spoon the remaining dough evenly over peanut butter cookie dough but don’t press, just leave uneven. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center of dough is cooked mostly through. Edges will be brown. I covered pan with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking.
2. Let cookies cool completely. Lift out of pan with edges of foil. I cut off 1/2 inch edges and just used softer centers, but do as you wish. Edges are crispier. Drizzle top with 1/2 Cup melted chocolate chips if desired. *Note: You can layer dough and refrigerate until ready to bake. 8 large bars (if you cut off edges), 12 bars (if you keep edges)