Southern Shrimp N Grits
- 4 Slices Bacon Cooked Crispy And Chopped
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Old-Fashioned Grits
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Pound Frozen Peeled And Deveined Medium-Sized Uncooked Shrimp, Thawed
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 3 Scallions, Sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil; stir in grits and salt, cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until thickened. Reduce heat to low, add cheese, sour cream and stir until melted.
- Heat drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic to skillet. Saute 3 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice, hot sauce, and scallions and heat 1 minute.
- Spoon grits into a bowl, top with shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with bacon.