Lemon Chicken And Mushrooms…
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Fresh Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth, Or More As Needed
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour olive oil in a 9×13-inch glass baking pan or large oven safe skillet. Place the chicken breasts in the dish, coating each side with oil. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over each chicken breast. Slice the other lemon and place a lemon slice on top of each chicken piece.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms are brown and liquid is evaporated, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until coated. Add chicken broth, stirring to make a medium-thick sauce. Allow sauce to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh parsley at the last minute. Spoon the sauce over the baked chicken breasts.
- Serve with Garlic Toast, Sauteed Lemon/Garlic Green Beans, Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, and Sweet Tea.