Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 2 Heads Broccoli, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil, Or As Needed
- 1 (16 Ounce) Container Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Cup Gruyere Cheese Shredded
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Fill a large bowl with ice water to create an ice bath.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, uncovered, until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in the ice bath for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, eggs, Cheddar cheese, butter, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Variation: You may brown one package of Sliced cremini mushrooms in butter and fold in for additional flavor.