Roast Chicken #bbc
5lb Roaster Chicken
5 Garlic Cloves minced
2 Springs Fresh Thyme
2 Springs Fresh Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to Taste
4 Tbs Butter
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Splash of white wine (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Make sure to move your rack to the middle.
- Clean your bird. Make sure you really dry it. The dryer the better. Put the chicken in your cast-iron skillet.
- Melt butter in a small pan, add the garlic and sauté then add the chicken stock.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush the butter mixture on the chicken. Make sure to get it in the cavity as well. Pour the remaining all over the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with the lemon, fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Tie the kitchen string around the legs. (Important)
- Bake the chicken for one hour, depending on the weight, making sure to baste every 15 minutes.
- If your chicken doesn’t have a little pop up indicator as to when its cooked you can check the internal temp with a meat thermometer. If it reads 165 degrees, your chicken is finished.
- Let you chicken rest covered for 10-15 mins before serving.
- Serve with garlic mash potatoes and pan sauce. Sides: Roasted Asparagus, Garden Salad and dinner rolls.