Game Hens Roasted##
Preheat Oven To 375° Serves 4
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 Cornish Game Hens, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Pinch Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Blend, garlic, vegetable oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, and 2 teaspoons salt together in a blender until marinade is smooth.
- Place halved hens in a large bowl. Pour marinade over the chickens and turn to coat completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove hens from marinade, shaking off any excess, place hens on a plate, skin-side up. Discard remaining marinade. Season skin-side of hens with salt and pepper
- Cook hens in a large skillet until brown on both sides, turning occasionally, until skin is brown. Place hens in a buttered Dutch oven and cover. Roast for about 35 minutes; uncover and brown for 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
- Serve with rice pilaf, roasted broccoli, croissants and ice tea.