Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Skinless, Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Fresh Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth, Or More As Needed
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour olive oil in an 8×8-inch baking dish. Place the chicken breasts in the dish, coating each side with oil. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over each chicken breast. Slice the rest of the lemon and place a lemon slice on top of each chicken piece.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms are brown and liquid is evaporated, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until coated. Add chicken broth, stirring to make a medium-thick sauce. Allow sauce to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh parsley at the last minute. Spoon the sauce over the baked chicken breasts.
- Serve with 7-Up biscuits, Roasted Asparagus and Spring Salad with lemon vinaigrette.